Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Twosome

I ran across Tuesday Twosome and thought it would be fun. The theme this week is Thanksgiving Twos.

What two things come to mind…

1. Thanksgiving Day Parade: The two things that come to mind are Macy's and the floats in the parade. When Jeff and I were in NYC last December, we walked down to Macy's. It was neat to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade mural painted in the street. We enjoy watching the parade each year and I love to see the Snoopy and Charlie Brown balloons.


2. Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey and stuffing. Enough said. It's hard to pick only two things on this one! I can think of at least ten dishes I love to eat on Thanksgiving!


3. Black Friday: I think of the lines in the stores and all of the good deals going on. I remember one year not so long ago, I got up at 4am and went shopping by myself. It was so terribly cold! People were acting crazy, pushing and shoving. I vowed to never get out into that mess again!


4. Fall weather: I think of sweaters and hot cocoa. I love wearing sweaters and I always look forward to dragging them out come October.


5. Thanksgiving holiday/vacation: I think of being curled up in a blanket with a good book and football on Thanksgiving Day. This year, my favorite team (the Colts) just happen to be playing. I can't wait to eat until I can't hold anymore and then curl up on the couch to watch the game! We usually always go to the movies on Thanksgiving night. We always try and see a Christmas movie if there's one showing.



post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To our friend over there in the United States. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. May you have full of Blessings. More Turkeys to be killed, more food to be served...
Cheers!!!

Corrie said...

I'm with you...wearing sweaters and reading a good book curled up on the couch!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Kerry said...

It is hard to just pick two dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. It's ALL sooo yummy!

I love sweaters and hot cocoa during the fall and winter too!

Kwizgiver said...

We've got the same favorite Thanksgiving food! Hope you enjoy many more Tuesday Twosomes!
~Allison

theshriek said...

Oh I hope some day to be able to go to NYC and watch the parade. It sounds like an adventure. Enjoyed reading your twosomes.