Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Web Site Design

For various reasons, I am going to be moving to a dot com address soon. I've been thinking about it for some time and I have even registered the domain name. It'll have the same name but the look will probably change. My husband created my blogspot template and I would love for him to create a new one for my dot com. However, he is insanely busy with projects right now and this just isn't going to happen. So now begins my search for a web site design company .

I think the way a Web site looks is very important. I visit many places on the internet and I'm drawn to the ones with really good design. Having said that, I look for the same thing when looking at companies who design Web sites for a living. I've seen some pretty scary ones out there! Designing has become a pastime for many people and they have good work. However, I can tell the difference between someone who does it as a hobby and the professionals. If I were to start a business, I would definitely want a professional to do it. I wouldn't take any chances there. For me, having a dot com is just as important. My blog, or any other Web site I have for that matter, reflects me. If people come to my site and have a hard time finding things, they will not come back. Since I love socializing so much, I want people to come back!

I'll keep you posted on my move to a dot com and then you can come tell me what you think of my new design. I'm excited just thinking about it!



post signature

2 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm excited to see your new design. I have been using one of the standard Blogger templates and I hate it. I'm longing for a new design myself!

Jenny said...

Wow, big news! Can't wait to see the new change. I want a new design myself, but don't have the time to really dive in right now. Oh well, maybe next year! :)