December is a busy month for many of us. We keep busy with holiday parties and events going on in our community. We enjoy ourselves in this season and make many special family memories. Without further ado, here are seven meaningful events from the past week.
- Monday night hubby and I enjoyed his company Christmas party. We enjoyed a wonderful evening of good food, entertainment, and bingo playing. It was loads of fun and is always a special event for us each year.
- Last Sunday, hubby, myself, our oldest daughter, and my FIL went to Knoxville and watched the Lady Vols defeat North Carolina. This has become a family tradition for the four of us. We take my FIL each year to see a game as part of his birthday gift. He will be turing 74 this month and we really enjoy being able to take him to do things like this. BTW, he LOVES the Lady Vols so this makes his month!
- Last Thursday, I took the girls to a local community theatre to see The Nutcracker. It was a wonderful performance and we were thrilled to be able to meet several families from our church at the theatre. This is a performance the girls and I try to catch every year.
- After the performance Thursday, one of the families from church invited us over for lunch. There are four children in this family and they are always a joy to spend time with. The lunch was simple, wonderful, and very much appreciated. To make it even more special, one of the children in the family had a birthday that day and we loved spending this time celebrating another year in his life.
- On Friday, an element in my oven went out. Hubby went and got a new one and replaced it for me. He took time out of his workday to go get the element and he has been really busy lately. I appreciate that he took care of this so that my life would be easier, especially since I have a lot of cooking to do this week.
- Saturday night, we were invited to the home of a young, single man in our church. He cooked supper for us and we spent a wonderful evening by his wood stove. He made the most delicious lasagna and lovely salad. He even called us beforehand to find out what kind of wine we preferred with our meal. This was so thoughtful. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and cherish the memories we make with our church family.
- Today we were a part of another blessed worship service. We love our church and our church family. Every minute we spend with each of them is special. They are all very encouraging and are wonderful examples to our family.
What are you thankful for? What meaningful events have happened in your neck of the woods this past week? To read more Sunday Seven posts, go here.