Many people make resolutions and I usually think about them :-o) I have trouble keeping them but this year, I am determined to give it a whirl. I hope I'll be more accountable since I am posting the list for everyone to see. So, here are my resolutions for 2008.
- Drop the twenty pounds I've been talking about for a year!
- Exercise more.
- Eat better. I need to cut the sugar and caffeine in my diet (which is basically all it consists of plus a bunch of carbs).
- Get more sleep. Five hours is not nearly enough. And that's on a good night!
- Read aloud with the girls more.
- Be better organized. This especially needs to happen with our homeschool schedule. I need to be more efficient with our time.
- Nag my husband less. I know he would appreciate this one.
- Be more joyful. Sometimes I am not joyful when doing things. My kids see this and I fear they will copy my behavior. I want to be more joyful in all things because God has blessed me beyond measure and I need to express my gratitude through being a joyful wife and mother.
- Spend more time in the kitchen with the kids. They are old enough to be making entire meals together. This would be a great blessing to both them and me. I have to worry less about them making a mess and more about them perfecting their skills.
- Establish at least a few new family traditions. I'd like to work on special traditions for birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We have traditions but I want to add to those by establishing a few new ones that are unique to our family.
For more TOT's, visit yanowhatimean.