Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ten On Tuesday ~ New Year's Resolutions

Many people make resolutions and I usually think about them :-o) I have trouble keeping them but this year, I am determined to give it a whirl. I hope I'll be more accountable since I am posting the list for everyone to see. So, here are my resolutions for 2008.

  1. Drop the twenty pounds I've been talking about for a year!
  2. Exercise more.
  3. Eat better. I need to cut the sugar and caffeine in my diet (which is basically all it consists of plus a bunch of carbs).
  4. Get more sleep. Five hours is not nearly enough. And that's on a good night!
  5. Read aloud with the girls more.
  6. Be better organized. This especially needs to happen with our homeschool schedule. I need to be more efficient with our time.
  7. Nag my husband less. I know he would appreciate this one.
  8. Be more joyful. Sometimes I am not joyful when doing things. My kids see this and I fear they will copy my behavior. I want to be more joyful in all things because God has blessed me beyond measure and I need to express my gratitude through being a joyful wife and mother.
  9. Spend more time in the kitchen with the kids. They are old enough to be making entire meals together. This would be a great blessing to both them and me. I have to worry less about them making a mess and more about them perfecting their skills.
  10. Establish at least a few new family traditions. I'd like to work on special traditions for birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We have traditions but I want to add to those by establishing a few new ones that are unique to our family.

For more TOT's, visit yanowhatimean.



post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are on the ball! I am going to make some this year as well (I usually don't), but I am going to have to get past Christmas before I think about it!

PJD said...

A truly worthy list. All these are interconnected, and what you've done is articulate the ways in which you can achieve better balance and harmony in your life. I wish you success in all of these! Happy Tuesday, and Happy New Year!

jenn said...

Great list. I like the one about being more joyful. I might use that one too.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of being more joyful!! Creating traditions is a wonderful idea too... Have lots of fun!

Dee
http://pavinganewroad.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Every year -or everyday, i always tell myself to exercise, exercise... as it is, I also keep on reasoning with myself that the laundry, the driving, the housework are exercises enough. Not to mention the carrying and playing with a toddler! But of course, I'm only saving my ass!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

That's all good stuff! My resolution this year is to take care of myself -- mind, body and spirit. Easy, right? ;)