Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Say No To Pop Ups!

One of the many advantages I've noticed since switching from a Windows machine to a Mac, has been the lack of pop up windows. Those things drive me nuts! I really haven't had a problem with them since getting this Mac. It is very seldom that I've had to worry with them. The kids still have a Windows based machine so they still use a blocker. I hope that I never have to go back to a Windows machine but if I do, I will definitely have a good popup blocker so that I can maintain my sanity. I remember having to deal with pop ups to the point that I would just shut things down and turn the computer off. Other times, there would be so many of them, that it would freeze up my computer. You talk about anger! If I could get my hands on the people who made pop up ads possible, I think I may give them a good smackin'!

This is just one of the many advantages I've found since we "wandered to the dark side." I remember thinking years ago that Macs were useless. Fifteen years later, I find myself wondering why we didn't make the switch sooner.

How about you? How do you deal with pop ups? Do you love them or hate them? Do you find that you ever click on one of the ads?



post signature

0 comments: