Ok, for the past three weeks, I've attended local WW's meetings. I must say that I think I'm in love with the Flex Plan. I'm about 25lbs. too lovable and wanted to feel better so that's why I started. One of the things you learn at WW's is that mental strength is your friend. Making this list is going to help me reflect on the past three weeks so that I will remember how much progress I've made. When I have a tough week, I can come read this list again and know that I can be successful. Annie and JennaG, I hope you are having as much fun with WW's as I am!
- I've learned exactly how many calories and fat grams are in the things that I normally eat. Wow! You would be amazed at what we put into our bodies!
- That there are healthier alternatives out there and if you are a little bit creative, they can be just as tasty.
- That salsa is a gal's best friend (it has a 0 point value and makes everything taste better).
- That my tennis shoes really do have a purpose. They aren't supposed to be tucked under my bed with no hope of ever coming out. Who knew!
- That keeping a journal of your food intake every day is very helpful. When you see those points being used as you eat, it's really hard for me to make myself cheat!
- That in a little more than two weeks, I'm 5lbs. lighter. Woooooo hoooooooo!!! I've lost 2.5lbs each week for the past two weigh-ins.
- That exercising self control really makes a difference in your success and attitude.
- That being overweight is very common. When I see the other ladies (and a few men) in the meeting each week, I realize just how out of hand we've become as a nation. Our health is at risk here yet fast food chains continue to put out greasy, fatty, unhealthy foods. People are way too busy and because of this, fast food becomes second nature.
- That watching what you eat can become contagious. My hubby is loosely following the flex plan and he's 11 lbs. lighter. I've also found my girls calculating a points value for everything they eat. This is wonderful because a lot of what they like in the store is stuff that is terrible for them. They are understanding why one candy bar might be ok but 2 or 3 candy bars is bad. This causes them to pick up a piece of fruit rather than that old fatty candy.
- That eating because of emotion really doesn't make you feel better. Trust me, I used to do that and it would make me feel sick.
- That eating out can be fun and inexpensive. Hubby and I went to Chili's last week and I resisted the molten chocolate cake and other fatty things I would have normally ordered. He did too. The result was a $16 tab! BONUS!!!
- That eating according to the flex plan is very manageable and plenty of food.You will not starve to death, although the first week you may think you're going to!
- That there are more people following WW's than you would imagine. Since starting it, I've found 5 or 6 ladies at church who follow it. I never knew it either!
For more Thursday Thirteen's, go here.