Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekend Reflection

It was an eventful weekend in our house. On Friday, hubby left for Charleston, SC. He competed in his first bagpipe competition on Saturday but went down a day early so he could rest up. After he left Friday, the girls and I managed to have a productive school day before leaving to run some errands. We had to pick up a gift for a sweet gal who was having a birthday sleep over Friday night and invited Caroline. The birthday gal is the daughter of our pastor so his family was kind enough to invite Logan and I to stay for supper. We had a great time celebrating this birthday and really enjoyed fellowshipping with a few members from our church who were there. This was the first time I had eaten pizza since starting WW's and I did very well. I had one slice with a very large portion of salad. I even skipped the chocolate layer cake but that was tough! We had a wonderful time and left around 8:30. Logan invited the oldest daughter to come along to see a movie with us and sleep over at our place. The three of us took off to see The Spiderwick Chronicles and we really enjoyed it. The movie didn't start until 10 so it was after midnight when we got home. I think the girls ended up staying awake until 3am watching Gone With the Wind.

Saturday was competition day for Jeff. We didn't hear from him until late afternoon but he did very well. He played three pieces and placed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. He also placed 2nd overall for the day! He was even blessed to win a scholarship toward piping school. Logan and friend slept in because they stayed up so late. Caroline arrived home around 1:30 and our guest was picked up then as well. In the evening, I went grocery shopping and then prepared to watch the UT mens basketball team play #1 ranked Memphis at 9pm. I waited all day for it to come on and I was not disappointed. The UT men won and will be ranked #1 now!

Sunday, Jeff got home from Charleston about an hour after we got home from church. We took it easy all day and just rested. At 9pm, the last part of Pride & Prejudice was on Masterpiece Theater so, of course, I watched it. Afterwards, Jeff and I watched a wonderful movie (I'll be posting about it later this week).

Today we were off for piano lessons at 2:00 and afterwards we made our library run. How about you, what did you do this weekend?



post signature

5 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I went to Stacy's for most of the week b/c hubby was in TN working! We both got home Friday evening and some friends came over and we watched Fracture on dvd. Saturday he had a meeting, we cut a few bushes in the yard, then he went to play golf. Our new interim pastor & wife brought pizza over Saturday night to watch that ballgame...he's from the Memphis area so they were for Memphis! It was a really good game. Sunday is always a busy long day for us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend! The game was so exciting. I hope they will still be on top after tonight!

Jill said...

Yeah for your hubby! Sounds like he did very well. What a wonderful and unique talent.

Anonymous said...

UT Vols fan, huh?!

You know...I'm from Memphis and regarding the game on Saturday? I am so glad Tennessee won! :-)

Congrats!!!!!

Shawna said...

Sounds like s fun sleepover. Good for you on not overdoing it!! And Congrats to Jeff for his awards!!