Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Girl and Her Bulls

When I was in high school, I had lots of lofty dreams. I was going to be a professional athlete, move to Chicago, and meet Michael Jordan. You see, I was a huge fan of the Chicago Bulls and MJ. At that point in my life the ultimate experience was meeting him. My plans were short lived though because I graduated and realized that I had to make some serious life decisions. One detail I had failed to factor into my Chicago plans was cash :-o)

Since those days, many, many years ago, I've grown and matured. I realize now that I didn't have a clue back then! What I did do after high school graduation was get a job and move away from home. I moved about an hour away and started living in the real world, rent payments and all! Eventually I went to a small college for a few years and then got married. I never dreamed I'd be where I am today.

Sometimes I look back on those days and laugh myself silly. What was I thinking? I still want to travel but the next time I plan a trip to the "Windy City", I think I'll put together a Chicago travel itinerary. I no longer care about meeting MJ but part of me would still love to see the United Center. This time around, I'll have to be sure to factor in the financial aspect of the trip!

What's your story? Please tell me I'm not the only one who had crazy ideas like this!



post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was such a huge Bulls' fan back in the 90's! The days of MJ and Scottie Pippen. :-)

Chicago is such a great city! With your Irish heritage, I would encourage you to go some year on St. Patty's day. (They die the Chicago River green.)

Benjing-Benjing said...

I'm a huge Bulls fan as well. Get this I met MJ when I was in High School because they filmed one of his Nike commercials in my school and they used my gym teacher who use to play for the Cavs as his stunt double.

How cool is that.

watdawat.com

Keyamoni said...

Girls really have a great dream world in their young age. With the growing older they loose that and create another one for their husband.