Monday, April 9, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 9

I'm so thankful that each week when I sit down to post this, I remember how good I have it! There are always so many things to be thankful for. It's wonderful to take a second to reflect on how God has sustained me in the past week. It is an ongoing process and gives me all the more reason to praise Him. It always brings me back to the first question in the Westminster Shorter Catechism.

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

The Good:

  • Life is good.
  • God is good.
  • My family is well.
  • My brother-in-law is doing much better.
  • I have a roof over my head and food on my table.
  • I was able to get all of my clothes ready for a local clothing sale coming up. This is a huge task because the clothes have to be freshly washed, hung, and priced. In participating in this sale, I always make enough money to turn around and clothe my youngest daughter for the spring and summer.
  • We enjoyed a good meal out with my father-in-law and brother-in-law on Friday night.
  • We got our taxes done! Woo Hoo!
  • We have enough money to cover the expenses for a new deck we are getting ready to build.
  • My in-laws are still talking about the surprise 50th party we threw for the last week!
  • My good friend Jenny felt sorry for me and nominated me for this award. She's such a good friend! One of these days I'll get around to sharing the story of how we love to get together and eat pizza rolls!
  • We were able to watch Love's Unending Legacy on Saturday night. This was a real treat. We've watched each of the movies in this series and we love them!
  • We spent Resurrection Day at my grandma's house. We were able to stay most of the day and also spent time with aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

The Not So Good:

  • Hmmmm.....surely I can think of something! LOL!
  • My youngest daughter continues her curiosity quest. This week, she took a thumb tack and stuck it in the wall to "see what it would do".....her words, not mine! LOL! This is not a HUGE thing but you must understand that she has an issue with being a little too curious! If we let the little things ride, she does even more off the wall things! The thumb tack only made a small hole in the wall....no biggie. You have to remember though that this is a child who took a serrated knife and sliced the top of a wooden kitchen drawer.....what was she thinking?!!! I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one day and find that she decided to "move" the car so she could play basketball in the driveway! LOL!
  • I need to get more rest. I have insomnia of sorts.
  • Jeff has to drive to work four days this week. He normally works from home three days a week and his office is an hour away. He'll be getting in late, he'll be tired, and we will not get a lot of family time. The plus to this is that his boss told him to work from home all week next week!
  • My grandma looks more feeble each time I see her. There are still so many things I want to talk about with her. She's so full of knowledge and I feel like time is of the essence.

I hope your week was as good as mine! I'll leave you with a few pics from our time with my grandma and family on Resurrection Day! Remember to jump over to Judi's for more Weekend Reflections! By the way, you'll see my cousin Missy in the photos below. She told me she just wanted me to post pics because she doesn't have time to read.....she's a school teacher! LOL!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds like a great week, love the pictures too!
blessings~
Annie

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. Y'all look so happy ~ as it should be. Glad you had a nice week to reflect upon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the week was good! I loved watching Love's Unending Legacy too! I want to get all of those books and read them. I love the pictures! And Jenny is a sweetheart. I love pizza rolls too!

Jenny said...

Nice pictures...I want those cool owls that are in the background. Can I have them?? lol!!

Anonymous said...

I missed Love's Unending Legacy!!! I meant to tape it, and I forgot. I think it comes on again in April, so I have got to check. It sounds like we do not need to get our two daughters together. My daughter is in a very curious stage as well. They could probably get into some serious trouble! Have a wonderful evening!

Robin Green said...

What a great week. We watched "Love's Unending Legacy", as well. We had looked so forward to it all week! I enjoyed it, but I do wish they could follow the books a little better!

Shawna said...

I loved the pictures!! I love having a big, close family who gets together often!